Do you know the fundamentals of computer networking? Do you want to know how to keep your network safe? This easy-to-use guide is all you need!
In large companies, computers in the workplace need to be connected to a single unit to get work done. Whether it’s a company or some other shared hub, computers need to be able to share resources to accomplish goals.
Building these networks requires skill, so understanding computer networks is key for getting these connections built. Network addresses must be set and approved. Network connections need to be sure.
Building these types of networks requires a lot of thought, but with the right knowledge, you can provide your geographic area and beyond with safe, reliable networked devices. Whether it’s the local area network for your company or the wired network in your home, you’ll need some knowledge to get it started.
COMPUTER NETWORKING BEGINNERS GUIDE will help you to get this knowledge through the following topics in a simple, easy-to-follow teaching approach:
- Introduction to Computer Networking – Needs of a real beginner in computer networking: components and classifications of computer networks, network architecture, physical topology, etc.
- The Basics of Network Design – How to configure a LAN, network features and various responsibilities of network users.
- Wireless Communication Systems – How a computer network can be optimized, how to enjoy the benefits of Wi-Fi technology, how to set up and configure a computer for wireless connectivity, plus an introduction to CISCO Certification Guide.
- Network Security – The most common computer network threats and fundamental guidelines on how to steer clear of such menaces.
- Hacking Network – Basics of hacking in computer networking, definitions, different methods of cybercrimes and an introduction to ethical hacking.
- Different Hacking Methods – The concept of social engineering and various hacking methods that could put your computer at risk, such as malware, keylogger, trojan horses, ransomware, etc.
- Working on a DoS attack – One of the attacks that a hacker is likely to use to help get into their target’s computer is a denial of service attack or DoS attack. This chapter analyzes how this attack works.
- Keeping Your Information Safe – Some of the steps that we can take to keep our wireless network safe and some of the things that a hacker can potentially do.
COMPUTER NETWORKING BEGINNERS GUIDE is an easy-to-read book for anyone hungry for computer networking knowledge. The language used is simple, and even the very technical terms that pop from time to time have been explained in a way that is easy to understand.
- Language: English
- Published: 2019
- ISBN-13 : 978-1707885442
- Format: PDF, EPUB, AZW3