The Alpha Formula appeals equally to readers looking for a strategy they can use out of the box, as it does to quant developers looking to jump start their own development.
We consider The Alpha Formula a must-read for anybody interested in quantitative trading, and the best trading-related book we read in 2019. – Felix Bertram – CTO, Owner at Bertram Solutions LLC
How would you like to make money when markets rise, decline, and go through times of stress, and do so in a systematic way?
Larry Connors and Chris Cain CMT, winners of the prestigious 2020 Charles H. Dow Award, teach you a better way to systematically manage your portfolio, not only in bull markets but for all market conditions.
Most portfolios only make money when markets rise. This has been the history of the asset management industry for decades. In The Alpha Formula, you will learn how to systematically make money for the times when markets go up, go down, and go through times of stress.
This step by step guide is backed by investment concepts created by billionaire Ray Dalio, author of Principles, AQR, the second-largest hedge fund manager in the world, and many other giants in the industry. This book teaches you specific systematic data-driven strategies, backed by years of historical test results, to grow your money in a consistent manner.
The Alpha Formula teaches you:
- How applying First Principles (absolute truths) used for all great scientific discoveries is applicable to the markets. Markets go up, markets go down, and markets go through times of stress. These are the only truths in the market. No one knows when each will occur. In The Alpha Formula, you will have systematic data-driven strategies in place ahead of time to take advantage of these market conditions.
- How to build Ray Dalio s holy grail of investing . Mr. Dalio showed how having minimally correlated strategies in a portfolio leads to higher returns with less risk. You will learn five minimally correlated strategies (two long strategies, two fixed income strategies, and one short strategy) that have led to high performing portfolios with one-fifth the risk of the overall market.
- How to set up your portfolio in order to manage it with minimal time needed.
- How to build multiple systematic high performing minimal risk portfolios.
Backed by dozens of academic studies both in finance and behavioral science, along with decades of data, you will learn new systematic quantified strategies for your portfolio.
You will also learn…
- Why these strategies work
- The behavioral underpinnings of these strategies
- Decades of quantitative evidence supporting them
- How to combine them into a systematic portfolio for you to use for years to come.
About the Authors
Larry Connors is founder of Connors Research and is the author of a number of top-selling books on trading including Short-Term Trading Strategies That Work, and Street Smarts with Linda Raschke. Street Smarts was selected by Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities magazine as one of The Classics for trading books written in the 20th century. He, along with Chris Cain, are the 2020 winners of the prestigious Charles H. Dow Award for outstanding research in technical analysis.
Chris Cain CMT is a Senior Quantitative Researcher at Connors Research, Chris develops and presents quantitative trading models for select institutional investors and high net-worth individuals. He is an expert on trading system design and development. Mr. Cain has 10 years of institutional trading experience, serving as a market maker in various fixed income instruments.
- Language: English
- Published: 2021
- ISBN: 0578530848
- Format: PDF