Save money by making plumbing repairs and improvements yourself!
- Be your own plumber, save money, and add value to your home
- Over 800 photos take you through each step-by-step process
- Detailed diagrams help you understand plumbing systems and apply how-to instructions
- Learn plumbing skills, from fixing leaky faucets to soldering copper tubing like a pro
- Conserve resources with “Green Solutions” that go easy on the environment
- Install plumbing fixtures like sinks, faucets, bathtubs, showers, water softeners, lawns sprinklers, and more
- Learn how your home’s plumbing system works so you can take action in an emergency
No need to hire a plumber, especially in emergencies when you need an immediate fix!
This updated and expanded edition of Creative Homeowner’s comprehensive plumbing how-to book covers the most up-to-date products and techniques. From working with water piping or plastic piping and making toilet repairs to installing sinks, clearing drainpipes, maintaining water heaters, and so much more, this complete home plumbing guide will teach you everything you need to know to handle any plumbing task yourself. Strong emphasis is placed in the how-to information on doing things correctly, so all the projects use only the latest code-compliant techniques.
Ultimate Guide: Plumbing, Updated 5th Edition prepares the do-it-yourselfer to handle any plumbing task in the home, with expert guidance for both major and minor DIY plumbing repairs and improvements—from unclogging a drain, replacing a washer in a leaky faucet, and installing plumbing fixtures to soldering copper, working with PEX tubing, and renovating a bathroom. It also gives an overview of a house’s plumbing system, including supply, waste, and vent piping, and explains the basic physics that keep everything working well, so you will be able to take decisive action in case of emergencies.
The updated 5th edition includes relevant Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) and International Code Council (ICC) changes of new provisions and requirements for the most current code-compliant techniques. In addition to understanding how plumbing systems work and learning how to plan and complete each project, you’ll also find detailed how-to, exploded diagrams, and tips on how to spot and improve outdated or dangerous techniques and materials in your home plumbing system. Updated for complete 2021 code compliance, including a new section on air gap fittings, this is a must-have for every homeowner!
- Language: English
- Published: 2021
- ISBN: 1580118615
- Format: EPUB